The essential course for anyone who wants to find out about the EFQM Model and RADAR and how these tools can benefit an organisation.
Who is it for?
- This course is suitable for anyone who wants to understand the new EFQM Model and how it can be used to make their organisation more effective.
- It provides a good overview for consultants who want to add the Model/RADAR to their portfolio of products and services.
- Whilst this training is effective as a stand-alone course, it is also a pre-requisite for anyone considering one of the EFQM qualification routes as a way of progressing their management development and career.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- explain how the EFQM Model could benefit their organisation and how it could be used to overcome current and future challenges
- explain how the Model is structured and how the different elements apply to their organisation
- apply RADAR, the diagnostic and assessment tool, to identify strengths and areas for improvement
- conduct a high-level health check of their organisation
This training comprises 8 modules:
- Module 1: The Changing World
- Module 2: The Organisation’s Ecosystem
- Module 3: The Value of a Model
- Module 4: The EFQM Model
- Module 5: RADAR
- Module 6: Using the EFQM Model and RADAR
- Module 7: The EFQM’s Digital Platform
- Module 8: Next Steps
This one-day course is delivered via our Adobe Connect virtual classroom, utilising videos, group discussions, activities in breakout rooms and presentations from the trainer. Registrations are limited to 12 participants per course to allow for full interaction with the trainer and other participants.
Post Certified Foundation Training Projects
The EFQM Foundation Course provides the core knowledge about the EFQM Model. In some cases, the training will have fulfilled the learning needs of an individual. In many cases, the individual will want to consolidate his/her learning by applying the theory to a practical task.
The post-Foundation Training projects provide an opportunity to consolidate the learning, as well as being a pre-requisite for the EFQM Assessor, Organisational Change Leader courses.
The circumstances for every individual will differ so the list of suitable projects is designed to provide flexibility.
Upon completion of the project, a summary sheet should be completed and emailed to the person who delivered the Foundation Training.
Options for Projects
Choose one project from the following suggestions:
- Conduct a simple assessment of an organisation against the EFQM Model (your organisation, your division, another business)
- Be part of a team that prepares an organisation for a detailed assessment against the Model (e.g. assembling information for the assessors, briefing staff)
- Conduct research into the benefits that organisations have gained from using the EFQM Model and produce a short summary of your findings (1000-2000 words)
- Prepare a short presentation for colleagues to explain the EFQM Model and how it could benefit your organisation
- Prepare a project plan for using the EFQM Model in your organisation or another organisation with which you are very familiar
- Deliver a presentation to at least two work colleagues to summarise what you learned about the EFQM Model during the Foundation training
- Conduct an exercise to map the EFQM Model against another comparable management or improvement framework (e.g. ISO standard)
Other comparable projects will be allowed with prior agreement of the Director of Training at EFQM.
Upon completion of the project, a summary sheet should be completed and emailed to the person who delivered the Foundation Training. For more information on the Post Foundation Training Projects, feel free to contact email@example.com.